Emmanuel Hospital Association (EHA) is responding to the worst flood hit districts of Kerala.
Situation update (24.8.2018):
- 370 lives lost so far.
- 1.3 million people still in 3314 relief camps, said the Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- An estimate of 50,000 Crores rupees worth lost according to Kerela’s Census reports.
- More than 3 lakh farmers affected.
- Incidences of suicide are reported.
- 221 bridges damaged.
- More than 10,000 Km of roads damaged.
- More than 20,774 houses have been damaged heavily.
- Efforts required to work toward prevention of outbreak of water borne disease
- Herculean tasks ahead for individual families for cleaning debris and muds from their houses and surrounding.
EHA's immediate action plan -
Acute phase response:
- Safe drinking water
- House cleaning - cleaning silts and muds, cleaning water source (open wells), provision of disinfectants
Post acute phase:
- Health: Disease surveillance; Prevention of disease outbreak; Treatment of chronic and critical patients;
- Psychosocial care
- Non Food Items
Our focus areas:
Villages in the borders of Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha and Kottayam.
Contact us @ 011 3088 2011 or mail us to: firstname.lastname@example.org